Crimson

Meanwhile at NASA, things were heating up pretty fast.
‘Ted, what is happening for the umpteenth time? A visibly disturbed General Moore asked. General Moore was the Head of Operations, Counter Terrorism Force (CTF), who was drafted as a result of the inability of NASA to solve the ‘satellite’ crisis at hand, coupled with the onset of virus attacks on NASA’s servers. He came with his ‘crack’ team, which consisted of ‘seasoned’ hackers and virus developers, who were battling to solve the virus puzzle in front of them.
‘Sir, I still don’t have my panels back, and the satellites are heating pretty bad. If the heat aint diverted to somewhere else, we will lose the satellites’.
General Moore was now really worried. If the satellites were lost, a valuable system of surveillance will be lost and with Korea and Russia cracking each firewall the US develops, they will be easy targets for attacks.
‘Sir, something is happening right now. All the heat generated is been transferred to the ‘prime’ satellite’.
‘The satellite facing Nigeria?’ a shaken General asked.
‘Yes Sir’, a grim looking Ted replied.
Chinedu had just finished his prayers with Michael when the latter told him how much time he has left.
‘Chinedu, you have two minutes left, what will you do?’
This time though, Chinedu was sure of his reply, ‘I guess this is the end for me and my generation. It is left to you and your guys to show the rest the way’. ‘My time is up but I am happy that I was able to do something, even if its a little because even the little things count to him (God)’.
Something then shifted in Michael’s heart at that moment.
‘Michael, what are you there’? Preye said, screaming on top of his voice.
‘What does it look like’? I just hit the override button and yes i know the rays are heading here, so go and get d emergency water pods and get the hell out of here’! Michael screamed back.
‘Michael, you know that the pods are….
Yes I know, thats why i am staying here, now move it’!
Michael now turned to Chinedu, ‘Yes, someone’s time is up, but it’s not your time, its mine.
In NASA, Ted had given up hope on ever diverting the disaster looming. General Moore and everyone waited for the seemingly inevitable outcome; the death of Nigeria!
‘Sir, something strange just happened’! Ted reported, looking shocked. ‘The ‘prime’ Satellite had its co-ordinates changed, just right now! ‘Its focus is on a small island just below Nigeria, The rays have been diverted there sir’! It’s a miracle!
General Moore was very relieved, as he thought of Ifeoma, his Nigerian wife and his three lovely kids, who are now safe. Everyone else was exhausted and the panels were on safe and back in their control.
Chinedu looked astonished,but happy at the new chance at life. his face expressed his emotions in words that had not been found yet in the dictionary.
As he was about asking what happened, Michael interrupted him.
‘I have an override button here, which diverts the rays to where I am. I wonder why I put it though’. He said a bit mockingly. ‘I would make a poor leader, since I do still have baggage and I will have to learn all over again how to be without hatred. You on the other hand, have gone through some processes and have come out unscathed’.
He paused for a second and then continued, ‘I can see that unlike me, you will have the heart and will to conquer the darkness that is on the land. Your heart that has been strengthened by your beliefs make me say so’.
‘You remind me of Paul and your talk about the future corresponds to what Paul told me some time back. Unfortunately, I had shut my eyes to the light and had almost ruined the whole script. I do not deserve to lead this people’.
‘I leave Nigeria to You Chinedu, You are the only one that I can trust to bring light to this country, Though the final decision lies with the future, not you. Whatever path they go, just remember to do your best.’
Till we meet on the judgment throne Chinedu, I say goodbye’. Michael said before his hologram disappeared.
A second later,A huge tremor was heard, shattering the windows and doors in the house.
The Rays have descended already!


EmoticonEmoticon